Coronavirus - A Message to Our Community
Paycheck Protection Program - May 14
Lobbies Are Now Open - May 4
Continue to Use Alternative Banking Channels When Possible
- Drive -thru Banking (Open during regular business hours)
- Downtown Walk-Up Window
- ATM machines
- Online and Mobile Banking including Bill Pay, Remote Check Deposit, Transfers and More! Call today to enroll! 406.371.8262
- Online Account Opening
- Online Real Estate Loans
- 24 Hour In-Touch Telephone Banking (Dial 406-587-3821 or 1-866-495-1866 outside of the area)
- Customer Service Support at the branch of your choice during regular banking hours. See branch phone numbers below.
Branch Phone Numbers
Business Hours & Health Guidelines
Beginning Monday, May 4, we will once again be opening our lobbies to the public. The bank will be operating our regular hours at our lobby and drive-thru locations. During this time, we will be practicing appropriate Social Distancing guidelines for the safety of our community as well as our staff. The team at First Security Bank is looking forward to serving you with your banking needs now and in the future!
If you are worried about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please be reassured that we are following the health and safety guidance as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the state and local public health departments. Here are the steps we are taking:
Keeping People Safe
- Our employees are trained on health and safety standards.
- Our employees practice healthy hygiene habits.
- Our employees may wear masks if they choose.
- Our employees greet you with a smile rather than a handshake.
- We provide hand sanitizer for our customers and employees.
- We have added social distancing indicators to promote social distancing while waiting for the teller line.
- We have added Plexiglas barriers on the teller line and at the desks.
Securing a Healthy Environment
- We are deep cleaning and constantly disinfecting our branch/business, especially high-touch areas.
- We are taking measures to avoid crowding.
- We encourage customers to take their pen with them when they use them. “Use a pen, keep it!”
- We encourage customers to use online services.
- We encourage customers to use our drive-up if they are sick.
- We offer appointments in a sanitized office upon request.
- We have adjusted our ventilation system for maximum airflow.
Creating a Flexible Workplace
- We have limited business travel.
- We are using videoconferencing for meetings and events when possible.
- We are accommodating employees who become sick or have a sick family member.
- We have rearranged our office space to allow a 6’ distance between employees.
- We have employees working from home to free up office space.
- Our employees practice social distancing by not congregating in work rooms, copy rooms or break rooms.
- Our employees are encouraged/required to stay home if they are sick.
- Our employees are asked to check themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e., fever, cough or shortness of breath) before coming to work.
- Our employees are asked to stay home if they are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms (i.e., fever, cough or shortness of breath).
We want to thank you for adapting as we transitioned from lobby to drive-up services, and to provide you with an update. Our drive-up facilities remain fully staffed and ready to handle teller transactions and much more. Our Operations team is also ready to answer questions about your accounts and our online banking services.
Our lending teams are busy creating special solutions tailored for you and your business – no matter how big or small - to help you weather-through these economic challenges.
At First Security Bank, our team recognizes the importance of providing essential financial services for you, your family, and to your business – today, and in the months to come.
Give us a call today at 585-3800 to discuss any financial needs or questions you have.
We're Here to Help
Lobby Phone Numbers for Appointments
Scammers look for opportunities to take advantage of the vulnerable, especially during times of emergencies or natural disasters. Be cautious of emails, texts, or social media posts that may be selling fake products or information about emerging coronavirus cases. Be vigilant and always call first before doing anything with your funds. And remember, First Security bank will never contact you to provide or verify your full Social Security or account numbers.
For more information please use the following links:
Restricted Access to Branches - March 19, 2020
All Branch lobbies will be closed to the public in Belgrade, Big Sky, Bozeman, Three Forks, and West Yellowstone.
All drive-thru, walk up windows, ATMs, and night deposit facilities will remain open for normal banking hours.